CHEA is a nonprofit association whose purpose is to promote communication, support, fellowship, and unity among Charlotte homeschoolers.
CHEA members strive to support homeschoolers in and around Charlotte:
- believing that Face to Face time for homeschool parents and children is an often neglected yet vital aspect of home education.
- understanding the importance of community while working to achieve individual goals.
- knowing the importance of guidance, direction and a listening ear.
Currently CHEA is in the process of re-organizing as we try to determine the best ways to help support our community. Following are some ideas we are considering implementing in the future.
- CHEA Chats
- Informative and Encouraging Blog
- Group Activities and Events
- Downloadable Resources
Homeschooling in North Carolina
In North Carolina, homeschoolers enjoy the freedom of minimal state requirements. Homeschooling is regulated by the NC Division of Non-Public Education (NCDNPE). Full documentation about legal requirements and how to register a homeschool can be found on their site: NCDNPE.
Additional information about homeschooling in NC can be found at North Carolinians for Home Education (NCHE)
The CHEA Singers program was created to provide choral training for homeschooled students in the greater Charlotte area. There are over 250 singers who meet on Tuesday afternoons in the Matthews area to participate in various choirs for ages 6-19. Our desire is to produce skilled musicians who seek to serve others and glorify God through singing.